Welcome to the Terrebonne Port Commission
The Terrebonne Port Commission's 680-acre site is located on Industrial Blvd. in Houma, La. The tract is one mile west of LA Highway 57 and the Houma-Terrebonne Airport. The Port of Terrebonne is located on the Houma Navigation Canal within one-half mile of its intersection with the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway. This location puts the port in a strategic position to take advantage of significant cargo flows and marine traffic on both waterways.
Houma navigation canal
Federal authorized channel depths:
- Houma Navigation Canal -15' depth x 150' width.
- Gulf Intracoastal Water Way -12' depth x 125' width from Port Allen to Mississippi.
- Bayou LaCarpe -10' depth x 45' width from ICWW to HNC.
- Bayou Grand Caillou -14' depth x 90' width from HNC North to Bayou Prevost.
Official USACE NO District Authorized Channel Depth Surveys
HNC Bridge Data
- Dulac Pontoon Bridge (operable) - Width 160 ft, No Overhead Restriction
- HNC Swing Bridge (operable) - Width 125 ft, No Overhead Restriction
ICWW Houma Bridge Data
- Dularge Bridge (operable) - Width 125 feet, Air Gap 73 ft
- Houma Twin Span (non-operable) - Width 125 ft, Air Gap 73 ft
- Prospect Bridge (non-operable) - Width 125 ft, Air Gap 73 ft
- Note: All vertical clearances are established using NAVD 88 standards.
Monday through Friday 6:30am-8:30am, 11:45am-12:15pm, 12:45pm-1:15pm, 4:30pm-6:00pm
Port Commission Meetings
2021 Regular Meeting Dates
All meetings at 12:00 pm unless otherwise stated
Terrebonne Port Commission1116 Bayou LaCarpe, Suite A, Houma*
January 12 ~ February 9 ~ March 9 ~ April 13 ~ May 11 ~ June 8 ~ July 13 ~ August 10 ~ September 14 ~ October 12 ~ November 9 ~ December 14
*Unless noted elsewhere
Port Phone and Fax numbers
Phone: (985) 873-6428
Fax: (985) 873-6795
P: (985) 665-6035
Mailing and Physical Addresses
Mailing: 1116 Bayou LaCarpe, Suite AHouma, LA 70363
Physical: 1116 Bayou LaCarpe, Suite AHouma, LA 70363